Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 6,600 employees worldwide, including 250 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.
About the role
We are seeking an executive that has ambition to make a measurable impact in their career. Our culture is to recognise persons with talent and to provide an excellent environment for them to flourish. The Financial Lines Account Handler will provide a market-leading broking service, focused on providing superior customer service and positive outcomes for clients.
This role is based at our Charlotte Quay (Dublin 4) office and applications should be made directly to Andrew Quinn, Head of Financial Lines at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll bring to us
- Exceptional broking skills and customer service focus
- The ability to develop a strong working relationship with individual brokers, insurers, and other service providers
- Experience of trading with insurers to obtain best possible terms for each customer
- A willingness to interrogate and understand each broker and customer's needs and the challenges they face
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- A value-added service to customers at every interaction.
- High level of inter-personal skills – ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Communication skills – able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge, face to face, over the telephone and in writing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Planning, organisational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate, with thorough understanding of company software
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Financial lines experience desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided
- Comply with the Central Bank of Ireland rules and regulations at all times
- Comply with the relevant compliance, Consumer Protection Codes, Training & Competence and financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes, as required
- Follow appropriate ethical standards within the firm at all times
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience in the general insurance industry and ambition to develop their career to a position of greater responsibility
- Knowledge of OpenGI is an advantage but not essential
Education and/or Experience:
- CIP qualification and/or grandfathered status is a minimum requirement.
- Confirmation that all Minimum CPD requirements have been complied with
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Evidence on Minimum Qualification