Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 6,600 employees worldwide, including 250 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working.
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.
About the role
A new financial control role within the European division of a fast-paced, people-focused and highly acquisitive organisation, with opportunities to support in transforming the core financial operations within NFP Europe as the company continues to grow.
What you’ll bring to us
- Ownership of the month end process and reporting requirements for the Irish entities of the NFP Europe group.
- Develop a system-driven reporting suite (financial reports and KPIs) that can be distributed to the local leadership team each month Responsible for the statutory accounts and leading on the statutory audit.
- Change management with regards to internalising elements of the accounting function that are currently outsourced.
- Assist in the review, strengthening and streamlining of financial controls in order to establish a standard for the division.
- Review and standardise accounting policies.
- Lead on the review and subsequent transformation of transactional finance processes, to reduce the level of manual work and improve efficiency within the team
- Financial lead for system/platform integration (policy administration systems and transactional finance platforms) Responsible for all tax-related activities and lead on tax planning.
- Support the Group FC in reviewing the general ledger system and understanding regional and in-country requirements within Ireland and the wider NFP group.
- Day-to-day management and development of the existing team of management accountants and finance assistants (currently a team of 2).
- Facilitate the growth of the team as required.
- Support the Group FC in restructuring the financial control team in Ireland to better meet the needs of the business as we acquire additional companies and further integrate existing entities
- Lead on the integration of financial processes, controls and new team members for future acquisitions
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Experience of working as a Financial Controller
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong team/people management
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong deadline discipline
- Highly personable; ability to work both independently and as part of multiple teams
- Degree level or equivalent educational qualifications
- Fully qualified accountant; ACA/ACCA is preferable
- Post qualification experience as a Financial Controller
Ready to apply?
Get in touch with our careers team to apply for this role