Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 6,600 employees worldwide, including 250 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how. • We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Claims Handler/Office Administrator, to join our busy team in Dublin Central. You will have responsibility for the administration of clients claims and policy files, as well as providing claims updates to the Servicing/Sales Account Executives.
Overview of duties
- Dealing with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner
- Managing clients’ claims from initial notification to claim settlement
- Issuing and administration of claim forms and policy documentation
- Requesting claims experiences
- Issuing claims settlement cheques
- Actively monitoring progress on outstanding claims and providing timely and accurate feedback to clients and Account Executives
- Inputting data onto the office systems
- Liaising with insurers, loss adjusters and other third parties regarding the administration of claims
- Providing technical and administrative support to the Directors and Account Executives
- Undertaking other duties as assigned by the Team Manager.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High level of inter-personal skills – Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Communication skills - Ability to communicate with people possessing various levels of knowledge, either face to face, over the telephone and in writing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills
- Computer literate and a thorough understanding of Company software
- Good IT skills, in particular Microsoft Offic
- Competence in a paperless environment
- Good problem solving skill
- Keeping up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes, as required
- Following appropriate ethical standards within the firm at all times
- Complying with the Central Bank of Ireland rules and regulations at all time
- Adherence to the relevant compliance, Consumer Protection Codes, Training and Competence and Financial Crime procedures at all times.
Education and experience:
- Good knowledge of property, liability, accident and motor classes of general insurance
- Working knowledge of all other classes of general insurance
- Good knowledge of our full range of services and Terms of Business
- Ability to prioritise work and good attention to detail
- Relevant insurance qualification or equivalent experience
- Confirmation that all minimum CPD requirements have been complied with.
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday
Location: Ireland – Dublin Central
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, online Doctor, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme etc
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like something you are interested in please apply, or contact Paige Hughes for further information.